The Henlee pouf~ottoman is provided un filled (cover and insert only) and features safety zips which require a paper clip to unlock. See diagram below for operating the safety zips:
We recommend filling with approximately 100 litres of bean bag filling which can be purchased from major retailers (Kmart, Big W, Target, Spotlight if you're in Australia). Alternatively you can fill with foam, pillows, cushion inserts or a combination.
Before filling, iron out any crease of the vegan leather cover by ironing the BACKSIDE of the leather fabric on medium heat. We strongly recommend this to ensure it looks its best when filled. The insert is difficult to remove after the pouf s densely filled so don't skip this step.
- Ensure the cotton insert is INSIDE the cover before and when filling.
- Phone a friend - filling with bean bag filling is a two person job.
- Fill in a plugged (dry & empty bathtub or an enclosed area to contain any spillage.
- As you are filling, pause and close the zip every so often, then shake the beans into place.
EXTRA FILLING TIPS:
- A large funnel and a jug may be helpful for pouring the bean bag filling into the opening.
- To achieve a densely filled look, we recommend you use a funnel and pour bean bag filling with a jug, then close the zip, gently shake, then re-open and repeat until it is full.
- Once the pouf is in use and the beans have relaxed into place, you may find you can top it up some more OR place a cushion insert into the pouf to get it extra plump.
- Over time the beans will condense and you may wish to top them up.